Saltyard is an Atlanta-based restaurant known for internationally influenced small plates with a focus on local and seasonal ingredients.
At project start, Saltyard was approaching its one-year anniversary, and had a small, loyal base of regular guests. Weekends were busy, but weeknight sales were low and and the restaurant was not receiving consistent media coverage. Ownership was seeking increased brand awareness and sales during “off peak” hours as they entered their second year of business.
Initial project objectives included a 50% increase in earned media placements and social media followers. Elle PR exceeded goals, generating the following results:
- Over 150% increase in earned media placements (print and digital) highlighting Saltyard’s cuisine, staff and F&B programs.
- More than a 200% increase in engagement across social media platforms within the first year (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Grew email database by 6,000 unique, up to date email accounts.
- Strategic chef placements and brand partnerships that supported greater overall brand awareness and recognition of Chef Nick Leahy as a local celebrity chef
- Secured media coverage that exposed brand to an audience of more than 500 million, placements included outlets like Atlanta-Journal Constitution, Southern Living, The Local Palate, and multiple national TV segments on HLN weekend Express.
The team knew they had a special concept with great service and food, but were concerned about their ability to compete with area restaurant groups. Previous engagements with PR consultants had not generated consistent press for the brand.
Elle PR used the following strategies to ensure project success.
- Improved channel effectiveness by refining key brand messaging.
- Positioned Chef Nick Leahy as an up-and-coming chef to watch on the Atlanta dining scene.
- Positioned Saltyard as a “best place for small plates” for strategic branding purposes––secured media placements supporting these brand messages, including the award from JEZEBEL Magazine for Best Small Plates in the "Best of" issue.
- Development of written and visual press materials reflecting key brand values (e.g., staff biographies, story angles, photo shoots).
- Targeted media relations (e.g., media pitching, hosting media events, strategic media partnerships)
- Secured ongoing chef placement and exposure opportunities for Chef Nick Leahy. (e.g., high-profile food events, chef demos, earned media opportunities).
- Developed and executed social media strategy.